Please note: PfCOs are being sunset by the CAA on 1st January 2023. Please click here to learn more about what this means and how it impacts your insurance.
When it comes to renewing your PfCO licence, you'll need to upload the following files to the CAA's online portal, where all applications and renewals are now processed:
- Ops Manual- make sure this has been updated to reflect the 2019 ANO amendments. You should also ensure that the version number/ date has been updated.
- Flight Logs- these must show that you've flown for at least 2 hours in the last 3 months.
- Proof-of-Insurance - due to the nature of our flexible products, our pilots can use a 'Flock Cover Note' for free without having to purchase a commercial policy.
Other useful bits of information:
- When can I renew my licence? You can renew your PfCO up to 90 days before its expiry date.
- Cost- It costs £190 to renew your licence, and you can pay this fee online.
- Rejection fine- There is a £124 rejection fine. Take a read of our top tips on how to avoid your renewal getting rejected.
- Turn around time- The CAA aims to process applications within 10 working days. It can be quicker or longer depending on volume!
If you have any questions about your renewal, you can get in touch with the Flock team by clicking on the yellow button.